Thursday, March 27, 2014

guest mix: junkyard angel (part IV)

It goes without saying that I'm a huge fan and follower of Paul Simmonds aka JUNKYARD ANGEL. Every time I find out that he's posted a new mix, I have to plan WAY ahead to prepare the uninterrupted space in which to take in the flow of his vision. If I'm bothered in the least bit during one of his mixes, it upsets the life cycle of his mix and takes me back to square one. That's not cool. But when I do finally settle down and take it all in, he puts me in a time machine where time has stood still for my entire listening session. Voodoo? Maybe.

For the listening pleasure of those that seek an aural journey, I was blessed by JA to host this mix. Within the first few minutes, I hear many familiar sounds that are twisted, cut, and reassembled into his latest cinematic concoction entitled THE BLACK STAR TRANSMISSIONS


I could go on and on further and further about how this is an amazing mix, but with JA I really don't need to. His mixes speak for themselves. And by speaking I mean shouting from mountaintops. More than the joy of hearing his mixes is sharing his mixes. That's where I come in.

Thanks, JA, for letting me be a part of supporting your amazing creative vision in crafting mixes.








TRACK LISTING

  • Black Star Overture - Junkyard Angel
  • C-Deck - Sleep Research Facility
  • Waiting For The World To Begin - Anthony Paul Kirby & Tomas Weiss
  • Enshrine Exit - 36
  • Sleep - Jonson
  • 14.05 - D R
  • Universe Cubensis Continuum - Ishqamatics
  • N3122 - Sleep Cycles
  • The Two Great Lights - Talvihorros
  • Closer - Motion Sickness Of Time Travel
  • Untitled 2 - Keith Barry
  • Receiver - Ahnnu
  • Untitled 1 - Selaxon Lutberg
  • Oidhche - Dalglish
  • Fusion - Ocoeur
  • Memory Print Boutique - Eluvium
  • Stars And Mash - Junkyard Angel

No comments: