Sunday, March 2, 2014

i hear the colors

Fresh and hot off the presses comes tasty new sounds for the mental space travelers that need some colorful and harmonically charged transitions and segues for their life's soundtrack. For this mix, I found a way to put together a lot of things that have been really getting my attention lately. I also worked with getting some samples from the FREESOUND site (that I've used on various original projects). 

There are many things throughout the day that we hear and take for granted. The many sounds  that we hear provide our day with color, experiences, moments, and memory. We are influenced by what we  hear our whole lives, whether it's music, communication, sounds, or what-have-you. The music here represents to the beautiful colors that I've managed to be fortunate enough to have taken in within the last few months. I'm gifting this aural experience to you, the listener.


Take in the colors of this mix. Use this to transition you from the cold and unforgiving grey of Winter to the lush and welcoming green of Spring. Allow these sonic colors prepare your mind and soul for an enlightening journey to the ether of solitude and imagination.

Shameless promotion time: there is a track from me that I composed with a single guitar string (pitch shifted and layered) as the the last track (I Wish That You Would Breathe Life Into Me). It will be on my upcoming release entitled 'Headspace'. Release date as of now is unknown, but within a few weeks hopefully.

I won't be able to post another mix for a little bit, as I'll be going on tour for about a month in the US, with a possible trip overseas for another month of touring (yet to be seen and solidified). I have some collaborations lined up with a few people, both mixes and original ideas that have been discussed, and I am really looking forward to bringing some great music to Spaceman's Transmissions. Turn on, tune in, sleep...







TRACK LISTING


  • "This Gentle Hearts Like Shot Birds Fallen" by A Silver Mt. Zion from Born Under Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upward (Start Time: 00:00)
  • "Nothing It Can" by Helios from Moiety (Start Time: 05:43)
  • "Indian Summer" by Jónsi & Alex from Riceboy Sleeps (Start Time: 10:08)
  • "God Send Us A Signal" by Hammock from Raising Your Voice Trying To Stop An Echo (Start Time: 18:58)
  • "King Midas In Reverse" by Bing Satellites & Daniel Land from King Midas In Reverse (Start Time: 23:12)
  • "Terra" by Dreamhub from Moments In Space (Start Time: 28:25)
  • "Emancipation" by Helios from Eingya (Start Time: 36:29)
  • "Fog" by Coppice Halifax from Inland By Night (Start Time: 38:50)
  • "Beginning" by Rhian Sheehan from Seven Tales Of The North Wind (Start Time: 43:39)
  • "Confessions" by Ben Lovett from The Last Lullaby (Start Time: 46:10)
  • "Subterranean River" by Rudy Adrian from Desert Realms (Start Time: 48:42)
  • "I Wish That You Would Breathe Life Into Me" by Tonepoet (me!) from Headspace (Start Time: 54:54)

No comments: